[Bldg-sim] Performance Rating System - Code Compliance Requirements for small medical facility

Patrick Keeney 38keeney at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Mon May 2 09:47:23 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am working on a design for a small medical facility (about 1500 sqft).  My
next step is to set up the code compliant baseline by a performance rating
method, but I am questioning what the best source of this code compliant
baseline would be.

I had originally intended to use Appendix G - ASHRAE 90.1 2007 code
compliant baseline requirements....but I am wondering if there is a more
suitable source for medical facilities.  I am aware of ASHRAE's Advanced
Energy Design Guide for Small Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities, but this
does not include code compliant requirements for a performance rating
system.

Any help would be great!  Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Patrick J Keeney
MArch-MSSD Candidate