[Bldg-sim] Ground Temperature Input

jai yadav jaivardhany at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 06:55:43 PDT 2011

Hello,I am doing work on an unconditioned model for a Hot and Dry Climate by using EnergyPlus Sofftware and I need to input the Ground Temperatures values in the object: "Site:GroundTemperatures:BuildingSurface". Earlier I used the Utility: Slab method to calculate these temperatures but that was for a conditioned model.I also used this method for the unconditioned model, but the resulting temperatures were very high in the months of may to august (above 30deg. C). Also, a warning massage had appeared  that "Site:GroundTemperature:BuildingSurface: Some values fall outside the range of 15-25C".My questions are:1. Is it is correct to use this method (Utility:Slab) for the calculation of Ground temperatures for an Unconditioned model? Can I use the default values (18deg. C for every month by EnergyPlus) only for the unconditioned model?2. As the climate is a Hot and Dry Climate, so the ground temperatures will be high then what is the significance of this
 warning?
Thank You