[Bldg-sim] LEED Measurement & Verification Credits

Will Mak wmak at epsteinglobal.com
Wed May 18 08:36:44 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the LEED M&V credit, specifically on New Construction? I looked back on old discussions about this and basically it came down to reading over the IPMVP Volume 3 Option D. However, I feel the language in the document is vague and wondered if any of you out there have successfully completed the credit for LEED and what the process is to "calibrate an energy model".

Are we talking about ensuring that the control system on the project can generate data on the follow:

·         Weather Data

·         Schedules

o    Occupancy

o    Equipment

o    Lighting

o    Temperatures

·         Equipment operating curves

·         Utility bill rates

Other than the information above, I'm having a hard time understanding what else you can modify on an energy model to try to reflect what is actually happening post occupancy. (at least from an eQuest standpoint).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

William Mak, LEED AP BD+C
Mechanical Design Engineer

EPSTEIN
Architecture
Interiors
Engineering
Construction

600 West Fulton Street
Chicago, Illinois 60661-1259

D: (312) 429-8116
F: (312) 429-8800

E: wmak at epsteinglobal.com <mailto:wmak at epsteinglobal.com>
W: www.epsteinglobal.com <http://www.epsteinglobal.com/>

þ Epstein is a firm believer in sustainability. We ask that you please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.