[Bldg-sim] Leaf area index values for roof vegetation

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 11:20:06 PDT 2011

Hi Sotiris,

Well, it is very difficult to work out an averaged LAI for a rooftop garden,
especially for an intensive one. In general, it ranges from 1 to 6 or
7 depends on the species of plants. But for extensive rooftop, most likely
its LAI will be at low end (around 1 to 2, sometimes can be <1) due to
relatively sparse planting. It so happens that I've done my research in the
area. You may be interested in my PhD thesis at
http://scholarbank.nus.edu.sg/handle/10635/15511. We have done a field
measurement in an intensive rooftop garden and you are able to find some LAI
values at page 307 to 313.

Regards,

Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b