[Bldg-sim] EPW Weather Analysis

Benny Chow bennychow816 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:59:39 PDT 2011

I'd highly recommend the "Climate Consultant 5" from UCLA Department of
Architecture and Urban Design.

>From my personal point of view, it is the best of the best tools you ever
need for viewing EPW weather data files.  It is free and easy-to-use.  It
offers a great user experience on exploring EPW data visually.

Cheers, Benny

Climate Consultant 5

This Version 5.0 [Build 3, October 19, 2010] adds a number of new features
to those in the prior version of Climate Consultant 4 including three
additional Comfort Models: ASHARE Handbook 2005, ASHRAE Standard 55, and
Adaptive Comfort. It now comes with climate data for all of California's 16
climate zones, but climate data is also available for over two thousand
locations from the
<http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data.cfm>
EnergyPlus web site. (See
<http://www.energy-design-tools.aud.ucla.edu/Read-EPW.html> READ-EPW for
details.) A web-based dynamic graphic tutorial explaining the Psychrometric
Chart and how it applies to human thermal comfort and to HVAC systems design
is also available on this web site. (extract from the official web site)

Official web site for download (for both Windows & Mac)

http://www.energy-design-tools.aud.ucla.edu/

Software Description from DOE Building Energy Software Tools Directory.

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/tools_directory/software.cfm/ID=123/p
agename=alpha_list

Benny Chow
M +852 9361 0589 E bennychow816 at gmail.com W www.chowkaming.org
* Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail