[Bldg-sim] Natural Ventilation Modelling

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Tue May 17 13:47:36 PDT 2011

Hi,

We use eQuest for our energy models. We are now faced with a project
where we would like to know the effect of stack-effect natural
ventilation in a 5 storey building and how it can help us undersize the
mechanical equipment, especially due to night cooling of the concrete
structure. Further, we would like to use the same modelling for LEED
compliance. eQuest seems insufficient for this. What is the recommended
practice for this?

Thanks,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP, BREEAM Assessor
Mimta Ltd.