[Bldg-sim] EE4 heating source

Kyle Fridgen KFridgen at morrisonhershfield.com
Mon May 30 11:05:57 PDT 2011

Review the section "Determination of Principal Heating Source" in the EE4 modelling guide.  Essentially you should use the fuel source with the highest energy source adjustment factor which contributes at least 10% to the total heating capacity of each zone (including both terminal and system capacity).  Since electricity has a higher ESAF than natural gas, if your electric reheat contributes at least 10%, then the principle source will be electric.

The heating source is entered at the zone level.

Kyle