[Bldg-sim] Horizontal shading devices (EnergyPlus/DesignBuilder)

Raoni Venâncio dos Santos Lima raoniv at ig.com.br
Mon Nov 7 08:05:28 PST 2011

Dear colleagues,

I’ve heard that EnergyPlus v6 may have a bug to simulate horizontal shading
devices. Indeed, I was trying to simulate the impact of a shading device
using DesignBuilder and I noticed some critical inconsistencies in the
results.

I'd appreciate a lot if you could give me more information about the
magnitude and character of this calculation bug. I need to know more about
the limitations in the calculation so I can justify or not these
simulations in my PhD thesis.

Best regards,

Raoni Venancio