[Bldg-sim] LEED v2009 (v3) District / Campus Plant Modeling

nic ffonics at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:49:35 PST 2011

I am in the middle of preparing a model for LEED v3 (2009) and am having
trouble interpreting the makeup of the Virtual Plant for the Proposed
building.  According to Appendix C of "Treatment of District or Campus
Thermal Energy in LEED V2 and Leed 2009 - Design & Construction" (google
for free download)  I must model a virtual onsite plant for both heating
and cooling.
Am I to model all of the equipment present at the actual boiler and chiller
plants, or 1 and 1?  ie. 1 boiler with actual efficiency and actual
capacity that is representative of the total Heating plant, as well as, 1
chiller with actual efficiency...