[Bldg-sim] energy modeler JTA

Roth, Amir Amir.Roth at EE.Doe.Gov
Fri Nov 18 11:14:09 PST 2011

All,

Just to clarify. The DOE TDM (technical development manager) in
charge of this project is Sonal Kemkar, cc'ed, who heads DOE's
commercial building energy workforce development activities. Dan
Studer from NREL is working with her on this project.  I sent the
email to IPBSA-USA on Sonal's request to elicit more feedback on this
document, but I was otherwise not previously involved. Seeing that I
am the TDM in charge of all of DOE's other building energy modeling
activities, in retrospect that seems an epic fail on my part.
Certainly, some of this confusion/distress/anger(?) could have been
avoided had I been paying more attention and I want to apologize to
everyone for that. Going forward, I promise to do my part to keep
this process as inclusive, transparent, and productive as possible,
just as Sonal and Dan have done to this point.

Finally, I want to echo Chris Baker's sentiment--even with its
inevitable imperfections this process represents a step forward for
building energy modeling.

Onwards,

-Amir

Amir Roth, PhD
Building Performance Simulation Tools, US DOE/EERE
Ph: 202.287.1694