[Bldg-sim] TRNSYS: active layer programming issues

leen peeters l.f.r.peeters at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:17:52 PST 2011

Dear all,

when modelling an active layer, there is a bunch of issues coming up:

   1. piping distance must be equal to or higher than 7 cm --> is there a
   way to model 5 cm?
   2. the pipes must be embedded in twice the same layer, i.e. the one
   above the active layer equals the one below, except for the thickness --)
   how can I model a case where the layer above has a very small thickness
   (like 1 cm)? There is a limit that is higher than that ... which I assume
   has to do with numerical stability ...
   3. there is a limit on the thickness for layers ... which I can get.
   Only issue than is the modelling of a thin bitumen layer of 2 mm is
   impossible --> solution?

Any suggestions on how to solve those?

thanks already