[Bldg-sim] eQuest - Heating/Cooling Loads

Katherine Louman-Gardiner klgardiner at flowgroup.ca
Tue Nov 15 16:06:48 PST 2011

Thanks Brian,

But I'd already examined LS-C, LS-D, SS-C and SS-D.  As one would
expect, LS-C and LS-D are the same for both models.  SS-D, however, is
not.  I guess what I don't understand is what eQuest considers a "load"
to be.  I consider "load" to be the requirements of the space (including
envelope, occupants, and OA), and none of those things have changed
between my models.  The only thing that changes is what system is used
to meet the load.

SS-D only has a monthly breakdown - but doesn't explain why the loads
are different.

Thanks,

Katherine