[Bldg-sim] modelling stratification in houses

Varkie C Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Thu Nov 17 08:01:32 PST 2011

Has anyone used COMIS, CONTAM and Energy Programs to evaluate infiltration, exfiltration, ventilation due to stack and wind effect in tall and super tall buildings? Can you get these values for any height (floor) of the building? I would also like to get information on research (published papers) on this topic.

I would like to have similar information on double wall commercial buildings and a list of such buildings. There are two in the US that I know of, one in Buffalo NY and other is Manulife Boston http://www.som.com/content.cfm/601_congress_street

Hey Arpan,
This paper from CU Boulder (http://rp.ashrae.biz/page/ASHRAE-D-RP-1456-20110405.pdf) compares several bulk airflow models (COMIS, CONTAM, EnergyPlus, ESP-r) with lab experiments. They examine wind-driven, bouyancy-driven and combined-driven flows. There's a long list of references at the end too.
Sam