[Bldg-sim] [Ibpsausa] DOE Job Task Analysis for Energy Modelers: Open for public comment until Nov. 28th

Jim Dirkes jim at buildingperformanceteam.com
Thu Nov 17 14:03:20 PST 2011

Dear All,

I took a brief look a while back and was uncertain what the Job Task
analysis was trying to do; it seemed very broad and full of "soft skills"
like common sense and patience, as mentioned by Doug.  These are personal
attributes applicable to almost any job, any person and I was not sure what
they were doing in a job description.  Kendra clarified this a bit in her
post of yesterday, but I find myself thinking that I still don't really know
what I am evaluating or why.

Kendra Tupper wrote earlier:

I am writing to encourage you participate in the public review of DOE's job
task analysis for energy modelers. Back in April, about 15 energy modeling
professionals (myself included) came up with this draft job description
(including required skills and knowledge) for energy modelers. This document
will provide the foundation for future education, training and certification
programs. It is likely that existing programs, such as the BEMP
certification, will need to show compliance with this.

For these reasons, I urge you to review and comment on this document! If you
think its sufficient and doesn't have gaps, that would also be helpful to
hear. The review period closes November 28, 2011.

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., BEMP , LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
616 450 8653