[Bldg-sim] Bldg-sim Digest, Vol 47, Issue 10

Chou Shen csz59 at mst.edu
Tue Oct 11 20:07:31 PDT 2011

Re: [Bldg-sim] loads and gians in Ecotect
<http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/2011-October/013508.html>

Hi Paula

Thanks for your patient reply. You explained the 3 items in details, but my
question still exists. For each item:

1.  The function "Monthly Heating/Cooling loads" also provides the max
heating/cooling loads with unit of Btu/hr, in addition to the monthly
average sum of all gains and losses of your space. And the former item is
what I called the 1st loads.

2. The function "Hourly gains/losses" provides the gains of each kind of
energy flow by hour on any particular day, so we can get the hourly
gains/losses on the hottest/coldest day. That particular gains/losses makes
the max cooling/heating loads and this item is what I called the 2nd loads.

3. Behavior of specific transfer of energy is provided with the average
hourly value by month, the hourly value is kind of gains, so if I focus at
the right month and hour, and make sum of all the specific hourly gains I
can get the max cooling/heating loads. That is what I called the 3rd loads

In this way, the three functions can reflect the same index, the max
cooling/heating loads and I think they should be consistent with each other,
but actually they don't.

I hope I present the issues clearly.

Thanks!

--