[Bldg-sim] Baseline pump efficiencies

Rathna Shree rathnashreep at yahoo.in
Mon Oct 17 22:54:18 PDT 2011

Dear all,

ASHRAE 90.1 appendix G G.3.1.10 defines the base building pump power. I have basic questions regarding this:

1)    Is 22w/gpm for both primary and secondary pumps put together?

2)    The user manual defines 22w/gpm as pump operating against a 75 foot head with 60% combined impellar and motor efficiency.
I work on Visual Doe. I have to input impellar efficiency and motor efficiency separately. How do i input these values?

3)    If 22w/gpm is including secondary pump, then what will be the head and efficiencies for primary pump and secondary pump?

4)    The condenser water pump power is 19 w/gpm. What is the head, impellar efficiency and motor efficiency?

Looking forward for your replies.

Regards,
Rathnashree