[Bldg-sim] ADV: ASHRAE Presidential Member Bellenger Remembered

Carol Gardner gems at spiritone.com
Thu Oct 20 16:58:23 PDT 2011

I am so sorry to lose Lynn as a mentor, inspiration and friend, and she
was all those things. Always approachable, she never made you feel like
you were wasting her time. I remember a few phone calls to her when she
was probably hugely busy but took the time to answer my questions. The
last question I asked her that day was "Gosh Lynn, you have so many
letters after your name - PE, BEMP. etc., how does that make you feel?".
I was thinking she'd say proud but she laughed a bit and said, "kinda
foolish, actually."

For me, having worked in this industry longer than I'm going to admit,
it was really, really exciting to finally have a woman president of
ASHRAE. I remember going to meetings when I first joined that maybe had
a dozen women at them. It was especially nice that she was so competent
and forward thinking, too. I will miss her!

I am going to send this to a couple of other mailings lists and if
others want to share their memories of Lynn with us, as well as the
family, I would love to read them. If not that's okay, too.

Sincerely,

Carol Gardner PE