[Bldg-sim] LEED EAC1 Exceptional calcs - heating consumption

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:07:13 PDT 2011

Well, my understanding is that exceptional calculation is used to document
meansres that may not be adequately modelled in a simulaiton program. Some
examples are lab exhaust system, appliance efficiencies in high-rise
residential building, etc. How do you define your hard-wired lighting
calculation from this point of view?

Remodeling with reduded LPD is necessary provided your hard-wired lighting
reduction affects internal heat gain and you would expect more heating
energy in this manner. I guess it is what the reviewer expect to see unless
you can  prove him/her that your reduction will not trigger heating/cooling
energy variation.

Regards,

Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b