[Bldg-sim] temperature in green roofs

Tabares Velasco, Paulo Cesar Paulo.Tabares at nrel.gov
Fri Oct 7 14:12:53 PDT 2011

Leen,

As Sasa pointed out you can model green roofs in EnergyPlus, you will need info regarding LAI, stomatal resistance, etc. I would also recommend looking at this study where I looked into those variables you are mentioning as well as validating a green roof model.

A heat transfer model for assessment of plant based roofing systems in summer conditions
Building and Environment, InPress

Experimental quantification of heat and mass transfer process through vegetated roof samples in a new laboratory setup
Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer Volume 54, Issues 25-26, December 2011, Pages 5149-5162

Let me know if you have any questions
Paulo