[Bldg-sim] LEED and existing envelopes

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:07:27 PDT 2011

Hi James,

In oder to answer your last question, two things should be clarified as
flollows:

1. Appendix G is designated for New and Major renovation Projects;
2. As per SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE TO THE MINIMUM PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS (R2), "
*Major Renovation: *Includes extensive alteration work in addition to work
on the exterior shell of the building and/or primary structural
components and/or
the core and peripheral MEP and service systems and/or site work. Typically,
the extent and nature of the work is such that the primary function
space cannot
be used for its intended purpose while the work is in progress and where a
new certificate of occupancy is required before the work area can be
reoccupied."

Your project falls into an existing building undergoing renovation or major
renovation will make big difference, I guess.

Regards,
Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b