[Bldg-sim] Representing Hotel Occupancy

Carol Gardner gems at spiritone.com
Fri Oct 21 11:40:14 PDT 2011

Hi James,

You did not say which model you are using so I'll put this in eQUEST
terms. Hotels, motels, and high rise residential buildings will have
very different schedules than offices, etc., because the assumption is
that people are coming and going at different times. If you specify any
one of those building types eQUEST will give you a schedule which is
likely perfectly good for you to use for occupancy, lighting, equipment,
etc. You can at least call it up and then modify it as you see fit, if
you see fit.

With regard to the 100% on time for fans, if you read the help behind
this schedule you will probably find that it is an availability
schedule, not an actual use schedule.

Lastly, just do your best with the schedules, etc., and simplify the
model for yourself as much as you can. If you read in Appendix G about
thermal blocks, this is just the kind of building to look for them in.

Best,

Carol