[Bldg-sim] EE4: Boiler/Cooling Tower Set Points, and Max Heating COP

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Thu Apr 12 12:57:05 PDT 2012

Justin,

Do you have any ideas on how to get around having the cooling tower
setpoint above the boiler setpoint?  This makes no sense to me with a
cooling tower cooled condenser  and a boiler heated reheat loop.  They
aren't even connected!

I agree that the limitation is proper for a heat pump, since you don't
want the boiler just rejecting heat to the cooling tower, but if the two
loops are not connected (like a hydronic heating system with a water
cooled condenser DX system) the limitation doesn't make sense.

Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C
+1 916 966 9060
FAX +1 916 966 9068