[Bldg-sim] Comparison of Text Editors for idf-file

Pavel Dybskiy pdybskiy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:07:54 PDT 2012

Hi all,

It might be useful for some of us who gets annoyed with notepad.

I did a quick comparison of three text editors: TextPad 6.1.3, Notepad++
6.1.5 and relatively new Sublime 2.1.

I have selected several features, some of which I found very useful, others
somehow useful.

*E.g. very useful:   *

   - Syntax highlighting,
   - Side by side file compare (someone may know this feature from Total
   Commander),
   - Text fold/unfold(collapse/uncollapse)

*Somehow useful: *

   - Save Copy As ... ,
   - Rectangular selection (used to be in the stone age qedit)

A picture in the attachment shows the results of this comparison.

In brief, NONE of these editors can claim having MORE THAN ONE useful
feature!

Your comments and personal experience are very welcome.

Thanks,

Pavel Dybskiy
Ryerson University,Toronto