[Bldg-sim] Equest 100% Outdoor air system

Maria Ramos mramos at innovaengineers.com
Fri Aug 17 07:18:15 PDT 2012

What combination of inputs do I need to use to set the outdoor air at a high
fixed ratio of the supply air?  My system is VAV, with a significant portion
that is CAV.  I would like to tie the outdoor airflow to a percentage of the
supply, not calculated by people or square footage.  I tried setting the
minimum outdoor air ratio to 0.85 fraction of design flow (on the system -
outdoor air tab), but it looks like to me that it's calculating 0.85 of
design outdoor airflow, not design supply airflow.  I tried also setting the
min flow ratio to 1.0 (ie CAV) in several zones, but the way that calculates
is (0.85*design outdoor airflow)*1.0.  Help, help.

Maria

Maria T. Ramos, PE, CxA, LEED B+DC

Innova Engineering, Inc.

2360 Fairview Ave