[Bldg-sim] Consultation sought

Joe Kwiatkowski joe.kwiatkowski at ecofactor.com
Tue Aug 21 12:51:05 PDT 2012

Building Simulators,

I'm writing from EcoFactor, a start-up that provides personalized and
real-time energy-efficiency algorithms for residential HVAC. We are
developing the next generation of our building models and looking for
building simulation experts who can contribute to the process.

We collect a vast swathe of data that describes the conditions inside and
outside each home over time. By data-mining a range of physical effects we
can use this data to infer the characteristics of each home without
detailed input from the homeowner. Our next generation algorithms will
further improve the scope and strength of these inferences.

The ideal candidate will be experienced with a wide range of building
models and have a strong intuition of which will work best on our data. The
working arrangement will depend on the candidate, but most likely involve
part-time consultation over several months. We explicitly welcome
applications from remote candidates.

If interested, please reply with your resume, an overview of previous
projects, and a brief description how you'd expect to contribute to
EcoFactor.

Sincerely,
Joe Kwiatkowski

 --