[Bldg-sim] Help required for Energy simulation naturaly ventilated building

Jorge Torres Coto jorgembo1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 09:18:15 PDT 2012

If you have already modeled in eQUEST you might try zeroing out all of the
HVAC components (compressors, fans, etc.) and perform an hourly report of
the indoor DB & WB.  Once you know what hours are compliant with ASHRAE 55
comfort window you can subtract those hours of energy related to HVAC from
the original design model.

I am assuming you are doing this for LEED purposes

Other possibilities are to utilized Natural Ventilation Software in order to
do the same analysis.

Jorge Torres Coto