[Bldg-sim] Help required for Energy simulation naturaly ventilated building

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Mon Aug 13 13:38:23 PDT 2012

Rasheed,

What we do is model the zones in eQuest as a PVVT system, and then use the air change method for the natural ventilation.

To determine the proper air change rate, we use an IES model of the space(s), and input those results into eQuest.

It's not perfect, but it has passed LEED review.

Ideally you would build the whole model in IES or an e+ variant, but that brings along other challenges.

Good luck.

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>