[Bldg-sim] Comparison of Text Editors for idf-file

Michael J Witte mjwitte at gard.com
Wed Aug 15 08:16:41 PDT 2012

That's surprising - I've used UltraEdit for many years and don't see any
slowness.  As far as I know I'm using mostly default settings. The only
time it seems slow is with large files (on the order of 50MB and up).
There is a setting to control this in Advanced --> Configuration -->File
Handling -->Temporary Files.

By the way, EnergyPlus v7.1 syntax highlighting files are available for
TextPad and UltraEdit (scroll to the bottom of the page).

http://energyplus.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/47

In UltraEdit, the settings for this are found in Advanced-->
Configuration --> Editor Display--> Syntax Highlighting

Mike