[Bldg-sim] fossil hybrid or electric

Maria Karpman maria.karpman at karpmanconsulting.net
Wed Aug 29 13:20:29 PDT 2012

Thanks for sharing this Michael!

Robby, I don't believe LEED CIRs are precedent-setting. In addition, many
Appendix G models are developed for programs other than LEED (e.g. incentive
programs) where LEED rulings don't matter. I would use PTHP on a LEED
project for the situation described by Morgan, referencing G3.1.1 exception
(a), footnote to Table G3.1.1A, and the ASHRAE interpretation that Michael
brought up. I don't think CIR meant to change ASHRAE rules, it just
misinterpreted how they apply to this example . For Vinay's project, I would
use PTAC in the baseline since apartments use both gas and electricity as
heating source, so fall under Fossil/Electric Hybrid category.

Maria