[Bldg-sim] Generating or obtaining Real-Time load profiles?

jake spuggy spugggy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:19:48 PST 2012

After trying a number of programs (EnergyPlus, BCTV, etc) I find it amazing
that there isn't an easier way to generate *"Real Time Load Profiles". *

I see that these programs, namely EnergyPlus, can "describe" an load
profile of a device.
But I really just want CSV files with these 2 columns:

*Time (in seconds), Power (average)*

The Smart Grid is about making energy decisions in real-time.
Does anyone know how to make these programs output CSV files for
researchers like me?

Your advice?
--Jake