[Bldg-sim] Useful IFC reader/editor

Vaibhav Jain vaibhav.energyarchitect at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 04:35:05 PST 2012

Dear users,

Unilke gbXML, IFC is relatively complex to understand. Just going through
the text file doesn't make any sense on how the entities are ordered and
related with each other. Thankfully, there are some nice useful analysis
tools from NIST and KIT institute, but still I thought to ask the community
if there are some other useful better tools available. Preferably, a tool
that can show the exact names of the entities, puts them in hierarchy (may
be in the four main layers), and also can show their relations. So that the
user can have an overview of the IFC file in hand. I think an automatic
graphical schema generator from the file will be too much to ask?

Will be grateful to hear your views. Thank you!

Vaibhav Jain
www.vaibhavjain.co