[Bldg-sim] mandatory provisions for a heat pump

francesco.passerini at inwind.it francesco.passerini at inwind.it
Thu Dec 20 02:16:52 PST 2012

For a LEED certification I have to verify mandatory provisions of ASHRAE
90.1-2007 for a heat pump that outside the building exchanges heat with
the external air and it exchanges heat with the building, i.e. with the
internal part of the HVAC plant, through water. The scheme of the plant is
like as follows: http://www.taec.co.uk/Airpumps/
The heat pump works both in heating mode (winter season) and in cooling
mode (summer season).
I wonder what tables I shall consider to respect the mandatory provisions.
I thought that I have to consider Table 6.8.1B, in particular “Air cooled
(cooling mode)” and “Air cooled (heating mode)” but I read in the relative
technical standards, see ARI Standard 340/360 Table 3. and ARI 210/240
Table 3., that as “INDOOR SECTION” only “air entering” is considered.
I wonder even whether I have consulted the correct versions of the ARI
standards. I have consulted the following links:
http://www.ahrinet.org/App_Content/ahri/files/standards%20pdfs/Superseded%20Standards/AHRI%20(ARI)%20Standard%20340-360-2004.pdf
http://www.ahrinet.org/App_Content/ahri/files/standards%20pdfs/Superseded%20Standards/AHRI%20(ARI)%20Standard%20210.240-2003.pdf
Thank you for your attention.
With RegardsFrancesco Passerini