[Bldg-sim] Generating or obtaining Real-Time load profiles?

Abushakra, Bass abushakr at msoe.edu
Thu Dec 6 17:32:51 PST 2012

Jake,

You're going to need using some not so demanding mathematical skills here.  We all wish to get stuff done with a magic wand, right? :)
Take the output file of any energy simulation program, or a long enough set of monitored data, and use some day-typing analysis, and go with the 50th percentile of the hourly profile of a typical day (weekday, weekend, holiday, etc.).
That's all!  Check out the ASHRAE RP-1093.  Contact ASHRAE for a copy of the final report.

Good luck.

Bass Abushakra, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Technical Specialty Head, Building Mechanical Systems
Advisor, ASHRAE Student Branch
Civil and Architectural Engineering and Construction Management Department
Milwaukee School of Engineering
1025 N. Broadway, CC-41
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Tel: 414-277-4551