[Bldg-sim] Generating or obtaining Real-Time load profiles?

Michael J Witte mjwitte at gard.com
Thu Dec 6 18:35:03 PST 2012

"Real Time Load Profiles" is a very generic term.  Since you mention
SmartGrid, I assume you mean electric power use profiles. Timeseries CSV
files are a common standard output from EnergyPlus and most tools
(nearly all the example files produce some variation of this).  A single
command in EnergyPlus will produce this directly as a csv file if you
set the timestep = 60.

Output:Meter, Electricity:Facility, timestep;

The first column is date/time instead of seconds, but that can easily be
converted inside excel.  This will give you minute-by-minute electric
power consumption.  Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.

Mike