[Bldg-sim] What does this mean?

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Feb 7 07:54:59 PST 2012

Hi everyone - got what I hope is a simple question to share!

>From the 90.1 Section 5 mandatory requirements:

4 through 8, cargo doors and loading dock doors shall be
equipped with weatherseals to restrict infiltration when vehicles
are parked in the doorway.

Following is a picture illustrating what I'm visualizing for this requirement:

[cid:image001.png at 01CCE57D.0758E200]
Picture Link:  http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UekexCK7TJ8/TC1VROvdomI/AAAAAAAAA1A/eKyytTr2q0k/s1600/doors.jpg

QUESTION:  Am I correct in understanding this requirement is prescribing something like the raised loading dock "curtains" pictured above?  Am I correct in asserting such weather sealing means is not required of on-grade rolling doors which will not in regular use have vehicles parked against them?

Thanks,

~Nick
[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.