[Bldg-sim] Work Arounds for modeling Phase Change Materials

CleanTech Analytics jeremiah at cleantechanalytics.com
Fri Feb 10 14:19:21 PST 2012

Thanks Christan,
The comment on the PDF on "DOE-2 simulations to obtain realistic
temperatures and air flows for the VAV system, then we used RADCOOL (Stetiu
et al. 1995), a finite difference building simulation program written in
the Simulation Problem Analysis and Research Kernel (SPARK) environment, to
model the thermal performance of the space equipped with phase change" is
an unexpected work around, never herd of and can not find a copy of RADCOOL.

About the refrig section of DOE2 doc libraries I searched
http://doe2.com/download/DOE-22/DOE22Vol4-Libraries_47.pdf for the mention
of PCM, but did not find, so looked in refrigeration and found some
varribles that I suppose may be able to be customized, or am I looking in
the wrong doc?

[image: image.png]