[Bldg-sim] Fw: exterior convection coefficient for tilted roof

Chris Yates chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 04:54:41 PST 2012

Hi Leen,

I'm not familiar with the calculation involving the Grasshof number. The
formula given is hc= 4+4v, where hc is the convection coefficient and v
is the wind velocity. The formula is probably derived empirically (don't
know for certain). Are you definitely talking about the convection
element of heat transfer or are you talking lw radiation?

Regards

Chris

Chris Yates C Eng MCIBSE

/Building Physics Consultant/