[Bldg-sim] Parking lot lighting (UNCLASSIFIED)

Eurek, John S NWO John.S.Eurek at usace.army.mil
Wed Feb 22 14:47:22 PST 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I am putting the parking lot lighting into the energy model using Trane Trace 700.

Sunrise and sunset change every day.  What is the best/easiest way to model the parking lot lighting.

I know the weather file has the sunrise/sunset information, but I'm not sure if there is a way to tie this to the parking lot lighting.

As of now, I plan to figure out the length of 'night time' during the equinox at my location and assume that it is the same every day.  This should give a very close approximation.