[Bldg-sim] Baseline chiller curves

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 00:05:08 PST 2012

Hi Ratha Shree..

This is only my opinion.

I would only worry about the Chiller COP or kW/ton. You cannot create an IPLV curve unless you know the kW/ton at the 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25% points. Otherwise, it is one equation and three unknowns 9you DO know the 100% point).

I believe the DOE-2 curves are good enough for the Baseline, having been through 1000s of analysis in the private and governmental sectors.Unless ASHRAE can PROVIDE those four aforementioned points.

John Aulbach
Partner Energy