[Bldg-sim] Looking for published utility data

JRR energy.wwind at cox.net
Wed Feb 29 13:06:40 PST 2012

All of the vendor provided sizing software for hot water is aimed at
daily use, not peak.  "Recovery Time" is usually provided for hot water and

that can be flipped over to give a good estimate of peak use, but only
for hot water.

In fact the fairly-early-in-the-day demand for hot water in K-12
education food service limits the effectiveness of Solar Thermal systems
somewhat.

On 2/29/2012 2:16 PM, Sami, Vikram wrote:

> I am working on a mixed use project that has offices, retail
> residential and higher education spaces in the mix. We are trying to
> estimate anticipated energy loads -- both annual usage and peak demand
> for each space type (chilled water, steam, natural gas and
> electricity). I have reasonably good data from CBECS & LBNL on annual
> energy usage. The roadblock is in the peak demand numbers.
>
> Does anyone know of a good [credible] published resource for peak
> demand numbers for these building types?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> *Vikram Sami*, LEED AP BD+C
>
> Sustainable Design Analyst
>
> 1315 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
>
> *t*: 404.443.7462 *f*: 404.892.5823 *e*:Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
> <mailto:Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com>
>
> _www.perkinswill.com <http://www.perkinswill.com/>_|Facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/ideasandbuildings> | Twitter
> <http://www.perkinswill.com/pages/twitter.html>
>
> *Perkins+Will.*Ideas + buildings that honor the broader goals of society

> intended solely for the addressee.
>
> If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
> distribute, copy, or alter this email.
>
> *Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

John R Ross III PE

Westwind Corporation
Vienna, VA 22182-1958
contact.wwind at cox.net