[Bldg-sim] Reminder: IBPSA-USA Seattle Chapter Formation Meeting

Goel, Supriya Supriya.Goel at pnnl.gov
Tue Jan 24 15:52:51 PST 2012

IBPSA Seattle Chapter Brainstorming Meeting

Some of us local energy modelers are contemplating forming a Seattle area IBPSA-USA chapter. IBPSA-USA is the United States regional affiliate of the International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA)<http://www.ibpsa.org/>. The mission of IBPSA-USA is to advance and promote the science of building simulation in order to improve the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of new and existing buildings in the United States. We are in contact with IBPSA national and are following their recommendations on initial organizing steps.

At this time we would like to hear from anyone interested in forming a local chapter. If there is a sufficient response, we will convene to brainstorm local topics of interest and start to shape the direction of a future local chapter. To get a count of people who are potentially interested in an IBPSA Seattle chapter, please lets us know you are interested by filling out the following one question survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCWLQKN We have scheduled a brainstorming meeting for the evening of Friday, January 27th, 2012.  If you are interested in attending the brainstorming session, please RSVP at http://groupspaces.com/IBPSASeattle. You can also join the group at http://groupspaces.com/IBPSASeattle  We would keep you informed about upcoming events and presentations through occasional emails.

Signed,
Supriya Goel, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Molly Curtz, Arup
Jeremy McClanathan, CDi Engineers
Sangeetha Divakar, CDi Engineers

Supriya Goel