[Bldg-sim] Modeling Centralized Water-to-Water HPs with Geothermal HPs using EE4

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Fri Jun 22 14:38:26 PDT 2012

Ahmed, if I understand correctly:
1. There is a ground loop that feeds
water-to-water heat pumps.  These heat pumps
provide heating and cooling to the make-up air
systems - both heating and cooling coils in each
unit so there are two loops - the hot water loop and the chilled water loop?

2.  There are WSHP units in each suite - the loop
feeding this units comes straight from the
ground?  Or is the temperature maintained by the
water-to-water loop after the ground source loop?

The answers will help determine the best way to
model starting with EE4.  You may have to finish
the modelling by editing the .DOE file.

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Suite 1801, 1 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5E1W7