[Bldg-sim] Appendex G LPD

Michael Tillou michael.tillou at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:13:34 PDT 2012

Nick is right you can use the BAM in the proposed design if you choose. However the challenge i have found with that approach is you may end up with thermal zones that have higher LPD then actually installed which may lead to high unmet cooling hours.

Philosophically I'm not a fan of using BAM because it's too easy to move lighting power from high LPD areas with few burn hours to low LPD areas with high burn hours which artificially inflates the baseline. This is part of the reason you can't mix BAM and SBS methods.

Michael Tillou
Atelier Ten

Sent from my iPhone.