[Bldg-sim] [EnergyPlus_Support] Food for thought.... (UNCLASSIFIED)

Eurek, John S NWO John.S.Eurek at usace.army.mil
Fri Jun 29 05:21:10 PDT 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Many building control systems measure the outside air temperature, can the building's own measured outside air temperature be used?  If you assume that the building can also measure wet-bulb temperature this still leaves cloud cover & wind speed (I'm not sure what other factors are involved)

Maybe a person could use the build's measurements and splice in any remaining variables from actual annual data and if there are still gaps, fill in with average data.

This brings up a big question; is there a right or wrong way to do it? Any set standards?