[Bldg-sim] Bldg-sim Digest, Vol 52, Issue 4

Erik Kolderup erik at kolderupconsulting.com
Mon Mar 5 09:29:47 PST 2012

Hi, Ellen.

There are two simulation guidelines (Volume 1 and 2) at Energy Design
Resources:

http://energydesignresources.com/resources/publications/design-guidelines/design-guidelines-hvac-simulation-guidelines.aspx

http://energydesignresources.com/resources/publications/design-guidelines/design-guidelines-advanced-simulation-guidebook,-volume-ii.aspx

And the Advanced VAV Design Guide at EDR has guidance on modeling fans,
DCV, and VAV boxes.

There's also a 1992 guide from BPA that Jason Glazer posted awhile back:
http://www.onebuilding.org/GuidelinesForEnergySimulation.pdf

Regards,
Erik

*Erik Kolderup, PE, LEED AP*