[Bldg-sim] EQUEST QUESTION

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Wed Mar 7 12:27:50 PST 2012

I am trying to learn E-Quest and I am trying to model a building that I
have already modeled with Energy Pro.  The gas usage from E-Quest is
very very low compared to both actual and Energy Pro.  It is a hot water
reheat VAV system with a boiler and a water cooled condenser.  The
actual gas use is 17891 Therms, from the bills.  Energy Pro predicts
17600 Therms.  E-Quest predicts 580 Therms.  This makes no sense to me,
but it is clearly my error.  I have gone over the inputs several times.

Is there anything that occurs to anybody that would make gas usage that
far off?

Electrical from E-Quest is 453 MWh.  Electrical from Energy Pro is 422
MWh.  Electrical actual is 543 MWh.  The building has lots of
unaccounted-for process equipment, so I'm not so worried about being low
on electrical.  It's not too far off.  But the gas use is just way too
low.  Hot water is showing up at 3 Therms a month.

This is the first model I have done with E-Quest, so I apologize for
even asking.  It's obviously something stupid that I have done.

--
Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP
+1 916 966 9060