[Bldg-sim] EE4 Run Time Error

Alex Blue ablue at sustainable-solutions.ca
Mon Mar 26 10:29:16 PDT 2012

I have built a model in EE4 (Canadian compliance software) and am getting the error "A DOE run time error has occurred, therefore no results are available.  Please check the BDL and SIM files created by DOE, and verify your inputs."

Trouble is, I get one warning but no errors in the BDL file.  I can't see anything obviously wrong with it, though at this stage I'm expecting quite a few underheated hours.  Could that be causing this error?

Any EE4 users have experience with this error, know of something obvious to check, or have a good way to figure out where the error even is?

The building has a couple of DX single zone systems and a boiler/cooling tower source hydronic heat pump loop.

Thanks for your help,

Alex Blue