[Bldg-sim] working out the 95 percentile of wind speed

Chris Yates chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 04:24:08 PDT 2012

Dear All,

Thank you very much. This is all useful stuff. I guess binning isn't in
the engineering culture over here in the UK in the same way it is in the
UK. We tend merely to use hourly weather data to do simulations and can
take design data from CIBSE (most of the time).

I'll definitely undertake these exercises. In the mean time, I wrote
some very crude vba to step through the weather data and calculate its
effect on battery charge which I'll be happy to share once I've tidied
it up a bit.

Cheers

Chris

Email: chris.malcolm.yates at gmail.com