[Bldg-sim] software

Madeline Leroux madeline.leroux.1 at ulaval.ca
Thu May 17 05:28:22 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,
I am looking for an energy simulation programm that calculate heating and cooling loads,  moisture transport and where natural ventilation can be activated. The software should (if possible) also have a bank for structural steel componenst such as steel joist, decking... or other structural component that are used in high-rise construction.

I use to work with DEROB-LTH (swedish software), but it does not take into account moisture transfer, and I am looking for something more efficient and developped. I was thinking of TRNSYS, Energy plus or ESP-R. Does anyone have other suggestions ordoes anyone has used these software and could tell me if they respond to my criteria?

Thank you

Madeline Leroux, M.Arch