[Bldg-sim] COMNET Web Portal for LEED Automation Now Available!

info at comnet.org info at comnet.org
Fri May 18 14:56:10 PDT 2012

COMNET.org is excited to launch our first commercial product that
allows design teams to directly upload their building energy modeling
information into LEED Online. The COMNET Energy Modeling Portal is
available in a beta phase and we are currently looking for users to
test the system for free. Using the portal can save substantial time
and offers basic quality assurance features to reduce errors in LEED
submittals to GBCI. The COMNET portal currently supports eQUEST
(native .sim files) and Trane TRACE™ 700 (XML output file). Trane was
the first modeling software vendor to utilize the COMNET XML output
schema.

You can access the COMNET Portal here: http://www.comnet.org/mgp/portal/

We'd really appreciate your feedback so that we can improve the
portal. Please e-mail us directly with any comments at
info(at)comnet(dot)org

More about COMNET:
COMNET is an initiative to standardize building energy modeling, by
creating consistent baselines relative to various energy codes. COMNET
extends and supports existing systems for assessing and rating the
energy efficiency of new commercial and multifamily buildings in the
United States. The core component of COMNET is a set of guidelines and
procedures that governs this standardization. COMNET will also offer
quality assurance services to green building rating agencies, energy
code authorities, utility energy efficiency programs, and other
programs that rely on, or require, energy models.